Saturday, April 08, 2006

Screw-ups - Part III

Spoofing after a long time. Hope I haven't lost the old flair.


LAST FISH- GIRL DAMN

O Where O Where can my sardine be,
The waves took her away from me,
She was a big one and I wanted some food,
So I could feed my baby when I leave this shore.

I used worms as a bait and my daddy's bar,
We hadn't fished very far.
There was a load, out came a head,
The fish looked small and I thought it was dead,
It didn't squeal so I thought I was right,
I'll never forget that look of fright.
The hanging wire, the wooden bar,
The joyful sights that I saw last.

When I woke up the doc was staring down,
There were nurses standing all around,
Something white wrapped around my thighs,
Thank God was saved by Devi that night,
I shifted my legs, she looked at me and said,
'Saw you fooling with that hook and line',
'I held it close coz it was our last fish'
I found the grub that I knew I had missed,
But now it's gone, and though I pull with all my might,
I lost my grub, my line that night.

7 comments:

Critic Roshan said...

i heard vedder punched a chap who played black badly, hehe, learn kung-fu.

Critic Roshan said...

but you're good man.

Akshay Rajagopalan said...

@critique roshan

Well, I wouldn't mind a punch if you could get Vedder to read my blog! Thanks, anyway.

Tazkwok said...

I love your poem! Well done!

Akshay Rajagopalan said...

@tazkwok
Thanks! Keep visiting.

Num said...

Hahahaha.
One of my favourite songs and what a mash up.
Neat.

Akshay Rajagopalan said...

@cocaynne

Hey! glad you liked it. Keep visiting.